Channel O, in association with Forbes Africa, presented a list of the Top 10 Most Bankable African Artists.
Their list was put together using factors such as endorsement value, popularity, show rates, Sales, awards, YouTube views, appearance in newspapers, investment, social media presense, Influence and so many other factors.
Here’s who they say is making bank and who is talking smack!
1. AKON – CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste
2. DON JAZZY – Producer. CEO Mavin
Records, Influential producer, MTN, Samsung and Loyal Milk endorsements. D’Banj, Kanye West,
Beyonce and Jay Z on production credit
3. P SQUARE – Music Duo. Featured on Forbes Africa twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries.…
4. D’BANJ – Music Artiste. International music brand, GOOD Music and Sony Entertainment deal
5. WIZKID – Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaboration, highest paid Pepsi
ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN
6. 2FACE IDIBIA – Music Artiste. 10million discand at least 7million digital sale, multiple ambassador, one
campaign… associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philantropist – 2face
7. ANSELMO RALPH – Sony Music Artiste, Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Angola prince, Perfume line, clothing label….
8. SARKODIE – Rapper. Presidential youth ambassador of Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana
9. ICE PRINCE – Music Artiste. Six million downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play
ambassador, Zamani foundation
10. BANKY W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, multiple
award winner and Speaker at Oxford University’s Pan African Conference.